Teknovet Oksitosin Injectable Solution is a clear, colorless, sterile solution. Each ml contains 10 IU of oxytocin.
INDICATIONS FOR USE
Teknovet Oksitosin Injectable Solution; is used in horses, cattle, sheep, goats, dogs and cats;
- In the inadequacy of uterine contractions during delivery. (in order to initiate the normal birth, it should be applied considering the appropriateness of the offspring position),
- In order to accelerate normal births. (stimulating uterine contractions in cases of full widening of the cervix to help to start birth),
- To prevent uterine atony after birth, especially after difficult birth, to facilitate the normal status of the uterus.
- To ease the removal of placenta, cleansing the uterus and stopping the bleeding after birth.
- In caesarean section, the injection into the uterine muscle after removal of the fetus accelerates uterine involution.
- To obtain milk in postnatal milk retention cases (to make milk removal easier in animals that do not allow milking and do not breast-feed),
- To empty milk for the treatment of mastitis in cows,
- In retentio secundinarum cases,
- In prolapsus uteri (In the case of prolapsus uteri, injections to different parts of the organ reduce congestion and increase the contractions of involuted uterus, making it easier for the organ to recover), in the treatment of metritis and pyometra.
ADMINISTRATION ROUTES AND AMOUNTS
Unless recommended otherwise by the veterinarian, Teknovet Oksitosin Injectable Solution is applied by subcutaneous (SC), intramuscular (IM) and intravenous (IV) routes.
In the treatment of mastitis, in order to empty udders; it is applied to cattle at the dose of 1 – 4 ml (10 – 40 IU) by intravenous (IV) route. In practice, administering small doses at intervals of 30 minutes is better than giving high dose at a single time.
Withdrawal period for meat and milk is 0 (zero) days following the last treatment.
Sold as 10 ml, 20 ml, 50 ml and 100 ml in colorless glass vials inside cardboard boxes and 250 ml in colorless pet vials.